Sunday, June 12, 2011

R.I.P. Sugar


I walked into Petco in Ellicott City one day for the normal list of Guinea Pig supplies for Teddy. The manager knew me then and said he just got a drop off of a female Guinea Pig. "She comes with a cage, bowls, water bottle, litter and food. Want to take a look? You can take her for free if you want, no one knows she is here yet." I sighed, said okay then. When I went up to her cage, she was racing and running. She had moved her bowls and Pigloo around into a figure eight. I watched Sugar running around them, jumping up and down from her Pigloo. Laughing at her, I told my Mom "we have to take her!"

She settled into her new home nicely. Her and Teddy got along really well. He would protect her and guard her with his life.

Once he died, she stopped eating and became very depressed. After a few months, she didn't stop. That is when I adopted Poe and Einstein. She perked up, started eating and running around again. Till about two weeks ago. She wasn't eating, drinking or talking.

It was only six days ago when I found out that Miss. Vanilla Sugar Latte had Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.

She put up a good fight.

I will miss my Free Piggie.
Rest In Peace Sugar
November 24, 2007 - June 12, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment